November went by fast and Christmas is almost here. Thought I'd finally update with a few pictures, not much into talking right now. We just found out that my van that we wrecked Thanksgiving weekend hitting a deer is going to cost $4,000 to fix. Yes, we have ins and a $1,000 deductible. Santa already told us there is no room in his sleigh for a new car for me to drive. We should hear tomorrow from our insurance company whether they are going to total my van or fix it. Honestly, I hope they fix it because the thought of a car payment right now makes me sick. I've been driving a rental all week and was a little excited at the prospect of driving a car back and forth to work. I am NOT a MINIVAN MOM. I've had ours for 6 years and do not like it. We have the smallest version on the market and let me tell ya, it is not worth it. But, the joke was on me as I was given ANOTHER minivan to drive all week. An apple for an apple they said. Bah humbug I said.
Cole had a Christmas concert at school on Thursday and got to dress up for school. He had to wear "wedding shoes" as he calls them and it wasn't with enthusiasm in his voice either. He did say that several kids told him he looked nice. He did, I must say. I didn't get to attend Thursday's performance and it appears that our video camera is dead now, so I didn't get to see it afterwards either. I sent Daddy with strict instructions for lots of pictures. The joys of a working mom who DOES NOT have a flexible schedule.
Our town had a little Christmas parade for Santa's arrival yesterday. Allison went right up and sat down to talk to Santa. She's not shy at all. Cole decided he would just send Santa a letter. Both kids are different as night and day.
That's all I'll leave you with for now. Promise not to wait so long for my next post. Keep your fingers crossed that they don't total the van. As much as I loathe it, I do not want a car payment right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment