Saturday, January 16, 2010

A new start for the New Year

The above picture really means a lot to me. It marks the beginning of a new chapter in our family. Hubby & I joined the Methodist Church in town and all four of us were baptized last Sunday. We've been attending church on a regular basis for the past year and we decided to make a commitment to that church. I'll share a funny about our baptism too. We had explained the baptism process to both kids beforehand. Keeping in mind how "literal" kids can be. At the beginning of the service, Cole wanted to know what river we were going to, to be baptized in. He remembered that was an option, but since it was only about 4 degrees outside and the windchill was below that, we explained that really wasn't a good option today. We were only going to be "sprinkled" with water. :)

After we were all baptized and back in our seats in the pew, Allison asked her Papaw and Grandma this question: "I don't know why she put water on my head for, I already had a shower!" :) HA! Sigh. Guess we need to explain the baptism process a little bit more to her.

No comments: