I am actually mortified at posting these pictures of our house. For a long time we have hated how our house looks. We have aluminum siding and the paint has oxidized. Now, these pictures show what the house looks like AFTER hubby has already been power washing the peeling paint off. So, it hasn't looked this hideous all along....just now. We both hate coming home to our house because there is so much work to be done to make it look welcoming. And well, the budget only goes so far when there's gas to pay for..... Hubby has been working very hard on getting the house prepped for the big event---WHEN HE PAINTS THE HOUSE!
He has already purchased a power painter and we are currently doing our homework on quality exterior paints that are going to last for a long time. Our plan is to paint the house in a clay color, have white trim and I really hope to get burgundy shutters next year. Then, of course we will need a new front door, new landscaping to complement the new look to our house and new outside lights. One day, it will be the picture perfect house. I will definitely post pics of the finished product when it is all said and done or maybe even when hubby is in progress. I can't leave the mental picture of the way our house looks now in your head, now can I?
The funny thing about all this is....hubby is NOT the painter of the house. I am the one who has always painted the interior of our house. He has helped in one room on 2 walls during our dining room/kitchen remodel last year. It's just not his thing. Keep your fingers crossed that he will survive the Great Painting Project of 2008.
2 comments:
I'm the painter in the house as well. Good luck with it!
Good luck with the big project!
Post a Comment