Thought I'd be a good blogger and add some kids' pics since it's been awhile. The summer flew by and I really wasn't ready for school to start yet. I can't believe summer is over & school started Aug.11 for Cole. He's in 4th grade this year and trying to get adjusted to a new routine with a new teacher. This year will bring lots of new things for him like FOOTBALL! Our school waits until the boys are in 4th grade to start out in football. I took him to sign ups this morning to get fitted in all his gear and it's going to be fun trying to get him suited up in all that gear! That's going to be Daddy's challenge since he's the football guy.
I wish I could say that I've been busy jetting off here and there to all these fabulous destinations this summer and that's why I've been so lax in posting. I check out everyone else's blogs all the time and am a faithful reader of several. I just never get around to posting on my own. Very sad. We've kept busy this summer & the time has flown by, but nothing very exciting to elaborate on. A few weekends ago we cut down some large tree limbs that were blocking the sunlight and view of our house. We are pleased with the way that it has opened up the yard, and has let the light come in. My plants will be thrilled to have more sunlight! But, it also makes our house much more noticeable. This is a bad thing because our house needs to be painted BADLY. We have aluminum siding and the paint has oxidized which means our house looks like it's molting. It's awful and I am not ever happy coming around the corner and looking at our house. It's just depressing to come home & look at our "no-curb-appeal" house.
So, we've been discussing whether to tear off the aluminum, recycle it and put the money towards vinyl siding or painting it. Hubby is not very keen in the construction dept. so hanging vinyl siding was not something he thought he could handle. After talking with a neighbor who is flipping a house down the street, he's decided that he could paint our house. Our plan is to rent a hydraulic lift, purchase a construction grade spray painter and paint the house within the next few weeks. Our weather here has been absolutely beautiful in the mid-80's and no humidity. Hopefully, it will stay that way when we get ready to paint. I will be a good blogger and show the before pics and after so you can all see the progress. Our house is always a work in progress since I am v.v. bad about finishing projects. One of these days...
1 comment:
School started for you already??? Holy cow, I still have 2 more weeks to dread my kids being gone. I will be moving, but I know I am going to be sad and miss them horribly. We start the day after Labor day in MN. Good luck with the painting!
Post a Comment