Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Things are a little blue around here...

Yes, so I have some catching up to do. So shoot me. It's not like I hear from many of you screaming for more pics of the kiddos or some of my literary fodder. HINT, HINT!

January has brought about some interesting challenges in our family, namely from Allison. One minute, our darling diva is twirling about in her assortment of princess dresses and dress-up shoes, the next she has developed some odd sort of skin disorder. As seasoned parents of an older ADHD child, I thought we had already survived and conquered most of the hair-raising events we should experience. Mistake #989. Never underestimate the abilities of your three-year-old.

Here's the scene. I arrive home (home sweet hell) to a dark and cavernous living room. Hubby is comfortably seated in MY favorite rocking chair in front of the TV galliantly trying to defeat whatever internet geek (other Xbox 360 online enthusiast) he's hooked up with on Halo 3. I immediately sense something is awry when I am only greeted at the door by one excited puppy. Usually, my entrance at home is welcomed by shrieks of "Mommy!!! What did you bring us from the store?" Oh--and the dog is only trying to get back into my good graces after shredding the garbage and re-decorating the living room with it from earlier that morning.

Hubby speaks to me in between his mission assignments. "Go see what your daughter did." Uh-oh. Could it be that she spilled nail polish on the ceramic tile floor in the bathroom again forever staining the light colored grout bright purple? Surely not again. Could it be that she has emptied the contents of my jewelry armoire again and strewn them from one end of the house to the other? Surely not again. Or maybe, our little Picasso has drawn me a new mural on her bedroom wall. Nope, it couldn't be that. It's even better.

She decides she wants to see what she'd look like as a Smurf. Or maybe it's the latest rage in Goth make-up--blue instead of black. I don't know. I'm not very fond of the look myself. But, I'm sure this won't be the last time I go tell her to wipe that crap off her face or she's not leaving the house looking like that!

There's more! Upon further inspection, she had drawn all over her arms. It wasn't until bath time later that I discovered she has also drawn on her knees--they were completely blue!
Thank goodness they were washable and not permanent markers!


1 comment:

Cyndi said...

We have had many instances where the boys drew on themselves. Last year in Kindergarten, Declan would come home with a dot on his forhead everytime they used markers in school. What is the draw with those?